There are a few things you can do to make your boudoir photo shoot more comfortable:
- Communicate with your photographer: They should provide you with all of the information you need to be prepared for your photo shoot. They should also be able to answer any questions or concerns you have.
- Choose comfortable and flattering clothing: Wear clothing that makes you feel confident and comfortable. You can also bring a variety of options to the photo shoot so that you have choices depending on how you feel on the day of the shoot.
- Bring a friend or support person: Bringing your best friend or sister along to your photo shoot can help you fee more at ease during your shoot. Not all photographers allow guests during the session because they can often be a distraction for both you and the photographer. Ask your photographer if you are considering bringing someone with you.
- Take breaks: If you start to feel overwhelmed or uncomfortable at any point during the photo shoot, don’t be afraid to take a break. Drink some water, get some air, and shake out the nerves.
- Be in the moment: This is not the time to check your emails or take calls. Celebrate this time you have created for yourself and enjoy it!
- Trust your photographer: Often times a pose will feel really awkward and it’s hard to imagine looking good in such weird positions. Trust the process. If you liked their work enough to hire them, trust that you’re in good hands.
By following these tips, you can help make your boudoir photo shoot a more comfortable and enjoyable experience.